What's this site all about

Who's Branca? What is this site all about? Why does she have to be stopped?
There are a lot of questions. To answer them, first of all you should know who Gorillaz are and what DeviantArt is.

Here's two links to Wikipedia.org you should take a look at:
Gorillaz on Wikipedia
and
DeviantArt on Wikipedia



But if you are in a hurry, I'll resume for you.

Gorillaz are the first animated band (I thought that Josie and the Pussy-cat came first, but whatever) in the history of music. The group is composed by four members: 2-D, lead singer and keyboardist; Murdoc, bass player and the leader of the band; Russel, the drummer; Noodle, the guitar player.
2-D, formely known as Stu-Pot (abbreviation for Stuart Tusspot) is a nice fellow. He entered and then exited a coma after a car crash, which left him in a vacant state. He has cool blue hair and angel voice.
Murdoc Niccals is a satanist, a true rock'n'roll demon. He tells everyone he's the head of the band (he keeps repeating "It's my band. MY band") and he amuses himself torturing his singer. He met 2-D when he rammed his car on the shop 2-D was working.
Russel is a black guy who come from United States. He flew from U.S. because he was involved in a gunfight, in which he lost his close friend Del. Del haunted Russel's body for a while, but then he left.
Noodle came from Japan in a Fed-Ex box. At first she spoke japanese only but she could play guitar like no other, so she joined the band. Around 2001, she recovered her memory and she discovered she can speak english fluently.
Before Noodle, there was Paula, who was also 2-D's girlfriend. But she has a love affair with Murdoc and she was kicked off the band.
They all come from the dirty mind of Jamie Hewlett (co-author of Tank Girl, a popular strip comic in UK, who draws them) and Damon Albarn (lead singer of Blur, who gives his beautiful voice to 2-D).


DeviantArt is a huge on-line artistic community, which provides place for every one who feels being an artist and want to share his/her arts with other. It was founded on August 7, 2000 by Scott Jarkoff and Matt Stephens, but soon they left DA (Scott was kicked for his ideas on art and Matt resigned), leaving all the "packet" in the hands of Angelo Sotira, CEO of the site.
Though they talk about arts, their behaviour is anything but artistic. Like all other sites out there on the internet, the only thing DeviantArt is concerned about is money. Registration is free, but they encourage users to register as member (paying a fee, you become a member for one year), for example letting the curious user try the Member's registration luxury for one week. How can the poor user resist?


What have Gorillaz and DeviantArt in common with Branca? Think that Branca is the username of a girl, namely Lina, who are a fan of Gorillaz and who post fan-arts and comics in her account on DeviantArt.
Now everything is clear.


Branca (a.k.a. Lina) made an incredible amount of material about the popular cartoon crew. And this wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't put herself in the middle of everything. Every drawings, every comics, every single aspect concerning the life of the Gorillaz, Branca pops up like a mushroom.
In her comics, she told her story, she married the singer 2-D, she had a baby with him and now she live in Kong Studios (where Gorillaz live and record their albums). She is sweet, gorgeus, righteous, pure and innocent and everybody loves her. Sounds a bit Mary-Sue to you? It is.

If you want to visit Branca's account on DeviantArt:
Branca on DeviantArt
If you don't know who Mary-Sue is, you can take a look at this page on Wikipedia:
Mary-Sue on Wikipedia


Now that you know about Gorillaz, DeviantArt, Branca and Mary-Sue, you're ready to explore my pages and perhaps you will understand why I've decided to stop her.

22 comments:

Shaun of the Head said...

My compliments on the lay-out, Fernet! :> Ta for the invitation!

Anonymous said...

ok nothing personal but i actually like branca's comics and her take on things, seems to me that you dont bother to actually read anything that u feel the need to trash and/ or rip to shreds. I can understand why her english isnt as well written as most of the work. and that is because it isn't her original language. and english is probably the hardest language to learn if one wasn't subjected to it their whole godforsaken lives. so again nothing personal, but you really shouldn't focus so much on other people and should focus more on getting your shit straight before you go get on someone elses.

Anonymous said...

BUAHAHAH!
To the anonymous:
Y'know, if you say that English is probably the hardest language to learn, ... you make me laugh SO MUCH, HA HA HA! I guess it's one of THE EASIEST language. No offence though. Try to learn Japanese, Norwegian for example or shitty Polish even. I can CONFIRM English is easy, because I'm Polish.


Sorry Fernet for my useless comment, but I couldn't resist.

Shaun of the Head said...

Y'know, Gsokus is right.

Fernet LeBlanche said...

Thanks Gsokus. I couldn't have found best words to say it. :-)

Anonymous said...

hmm you know that may be true if i wasn't already taking Japanese, and also having friends who are in the English as a second language program at my school. and i really see no point in cotinuing this arguement especially with children. y'all are just dumb thats all there is to it. if u have evilhearted things to say about people you should just keep them to your self. and for future referance i'm not branca, nor would i wish to be.

Fernet LeBlanche said...

Frankly, I'm very tired of hearing Branca's fans or Branca herself calling me "child", "immature" or whatsoever. Especially when immature are who are accusing me. Listen who's speaking, I could say.
First, english IS one of the easiest language to learn. It even hasn't got verbal inflections. Try to learn French, or Russian or Chinese. English is used all over the world. And I can't stand that one like Branca who wants to stay in a community like DeviantArt and WANTs to be popular doesn't spend her "boring" sundays to learn at least a bit of english for the sake of her readers. Do you know how I call this? Lack of care for others.
Second, if I have something to say about Branca, why should I keep to myself? Is there a law or something who keep me for having my own opinion on her? If she doesn't like what I do, let's her come here and tell me. Tell her not to hide behind her fans. She is and always be a big coward.
Third, don't you even dare to judge me for what I'm doing here and call me "evil". If you haven't already understand what kind of person Branca is, you haven't the slightest right to judge anyone, because you're one more narrow-minded people.
If you have something to say to me, go on and say it. But I demand you to be objective, not blind.

Shaun of the Head said...

"omg im not a fan of branca but i still think ur doin wrong"
"ye ur right english is easy but still ur evil for talking about branca"

Let's hope there's intelligent life on Mars.

Anonymous said...

Gsokus is completely right. English is the easiest language to learn.
I'm English, and English is my first language..and trying to learn something as complex as French, with genders, past tense, perfect tense, past perfect, future, present, present participle...It's almost impossible to learn compared to english.
Fernet is right, if you are going to participate in a community..you have to be able to communicate to the community which involves reaching out and learning the language spoken by most.
It's possible that Branca has learnt english in the past, but she can hardly expect to be taken seriously without learning proper english, instead of making every body else figure out what the hell she's trying to say- That is just politeness.

Anonymous said...

Obsessed, i say. Sheesh. Im surprised you didnt have the time to retaliate against some comments before i sent you back into the deep pits of bannedness.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and i could say english is infact difficult to learn because of all the multiple words that have the same meaning, and the words that all sound the same (there, theyre, their) with different meanings.

Fernet LeBlanche said...

to kennet v.:

Let me guess... are you that stupid little brat GenieTse? Or one of the milions of stupid little brats Branca's fans?
So, you're the one who banned me last time... good job! You gained yourself a place into hell! :-D

Anyway, how can I comment you back if you keep banning me? Isn't it incredibly unfair? I think so and anyone who's able to read will agree with me.

English is the simplest language ever. A lot of other languages have words that sound similar but have different meaning (i.e. "la mer"=the sea and "la mère"=the mother. It's all in how you pronounce the "è").
Plus, it wouldn't be the language used in computer programming if it wasn't simple. Can you imagine programming a computer with code words like "allerà" with accents and all, instead of the simple "goto"?

Mihael B.Onen said...

English a difficult lenguage? Don't make me laught.
I'm an italian girl who learned english playing videogames, reading scanslations all over the internet and watching animes (though I must admit my english is anything but good).
Try to do the other way around, english to italian, and I'll be glad to laught at you.
French, Chinese, Russian, Japanese: THESE are difficult lenguages to learn (Italian too, actually. Not to defend my own lenguage, but there are a lot of verbal forms and OMG, a lot of italian words have different meanings! w00t!).
Did you EVER tried to figure out why english is considered the most effective "global lenguage"? Because it's really easy to learn.

And yeah... Fernet's indeed the childish one. Not to mention that she's TOTALLY envious of Branca's awsome talent...
I personally find her "lego art" a lot more appealing than Branca's.

Peh-liana said...

Hello branca-haters!

as a fan of fine literature, i despise Mary Sues. Branca is a repeat offender and i also think she must be stopped... or just poked fun at mercilessly. i came here to ask for help because i have an idea to mock her and her fanbase but as i can only write, i need someone who would be willing to draw my comic out and post it under a pseudoname on deviantart. I would provide the account, i just need someone to help me with this idea. Hit me up at my email. :)

Unknown said...

Hello! I love your comics! All Mary Sues should be stopped. I hope you continue creating these fine little comics, they make me smile!

Templars of Fernet said...

We the Templars think that English isn't hard to understand or learn at all. ^^;
We the Templars guess that She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is a very lazy woman who doesn't even know what is Google for. ^^;

BubbleWrap said...

You are quite brilliant. I adore you parody comics, they make me laugh so hard. XD
Keep it up, dood.

A Mary Sue raping a fandom is never fun.

MooU22 said...

I realize this chick's a hate monger with a tenuous grasp of the English language, but I have to ask: Isn't this site kind of like free advertising for you-know-who?

Also, I'm curious: Is it a safe assumption you guys don't really like ANY pairings within the fandom? I ask because it amuses me... I don't particularly want a fight...

Bibibiz said...

BRanca's art made me say like 'nice' or, 'good enough'or
'haha funny'
Oh, but THAT was until i saw her popping out as, innocent 2D's wife...and had a child
What has this world become...
What has the poor guy done to you?
I mean if the uhm..''*REAL*'' 2-D saw this he would feel awful
actually he is uhm 'aware of people drawing him with eyes and he 'feels' upset
imagine THIS?
ok i know... i'm obsessed with gorillaz... D:
BUT STOP THE BRANCA!!

Bibibiz said...

BRanca's art made me say like 'nice' or, 'good enough'or
'haha funny'
Oh, but THAT was until i saw her popping out as, innocent 2D's wife...and had a child
What has this world become...
What has the poor guy done to you?
I mean if the uhm..''*REAL*'' 2-D saw this he would feel awful
actually he is uhm 'aware of people drawing him with eyes and he 'feels' upset
imagine THIS?
ok i know... i'm obsessed with gorillaz... D:
BUT STOP THE BRANCA!!

nniccals said...

Hello, I'm nniccals, former DA member. I remember having stumbled upon your comics while I was still there. I'm sorry we have never met, but I just wanted to say that I've always found your comic work funny, sharp and witty, no matter the subject. Unlike the opinion from the fans of Branca, I think your work is just fine, it has great punchlines and a dose of irony I couldn't master at all. My respect and admiration for you.

Unknown said...

No one will probably be reading this but if anyone does (including Fernet and Shaun):
I have to say as a new fan that all this now seems just ridiculous but at the same time nostalgic. I love this band and fandom to the bottom of my heart, and the fanbase is near empty. Fans like Fade, Nanci even Branca are grown up and moved on. So its like missing something fun.So Fernet, I could understand this past irritation and anger with Branca's apperant whining (Hey I wasn't there so I don't know, everything is deleted) but still it gives no one the right to flame her comics and her self insert. Gorillaz is fandom of fun, love and the attitude of FUCK IT. If Branca wanted to screw 2d, have a baby and make countless comics, that's fine. It was best to leave it and let her have her fun. She could have been possibley using Gorillaz as an escape from her own life which could have possibly been lousy.As far as her attitude, you and Shaun were in your rights to call her out but I think you should have left her works out of it. Today, I look at this drama with a sad smile, because it just says a lot of people cared and loved the band and respected the fandom. So, in a heartbeat I'd rather Branca comeback, than to have no one.
So in conclusion, Fernet and Shaun you both were such Passionate fans and you both represented the respect the Band once had. Though in the future I suggest just leaving peoples works out of it, because many people have commented that even her fan work brought them smiles in tough times in their lives, including me.